Financial Assistance Applications for 2018 are available now!!!
The Jack and Buena Foundation offers financial assistance so that kids from all backgrounds get to experience the great outdoors at Camp Jack Hazard.
Please fill out all of the application and supplemental materials and turn it in as soon as possible. The first round of scholarships are due March 1st and recipients will be notified no later than March 31st. The second round of applications are due April 1st and recipients will be notified no late than April 30th. If all scholarships have not been meted out after the second round of scholarships, more scholarships will become available on an individual evaluation process.
Please read the application carefully and understand that there are some requirements of the scholarship recipient! Applicants should fill out the application as completely as possible to increase the chances of receiving a scholarship. Good Luck!
The primary goal of The Jack and Buena Foundation is to ensure that Camp Jack Hazard continues providing life-changing experiences to youths of the Central Valley for years to come. Camp Jack Hazard will have a positive impact on a child’s life and we want to make this experience accessible to all members of the community.
Jack AND Buena foundation
PO BOX 3290
MODESTO, CA 95353
LETTERS OF REFERENCE
Each applicant will need two (2) letters of reference for their application to be considered complete. The letters of reference may be from teachers, principals, community members, and/or extended family. Please mail to the letters to The Jack and Buena Foundation at the address above or scan and email to email@example.com.
Please return all completed pieces together.
Round I: March 1st (to be notified after March 31st)
Round II: April 1st (to be notified after April 30th)
- All scholarship funds will be distributed directly to Camp Jack Hazard. No money will be given to individual campers or families. Scholarships are distributed on the basis of financial need, interest in the program and the merits of the application. Please complete all portions of the application for full consideration.
- In the interest of helping send as many campers as possible to CJH we ask that you honestly assess the amount of money that your family can contribute towards the cost of registration.
- Application for The Jack and Buena Foundation Scholarship in no way registers your child for Camp Jack Hazard. You must separately register for Camp Jack Hazard. Please take all necessary steps to enroll your child, regardless of scholarship status.
- If selected as a 2018 Jack and Buena Foundation Scholarship Recipient, the scholarship recipient will be asked to complete (and return) an evaluation form of your Camp Jack Hazard experience.
- Also, if selected, the scholarship recipient will be asked to write a hand-written thank-you note to a supporter of The Jack and Buena Foundation.
Due to the extremely high interest in scholarships, the Jack and Buena Foundation, will offer 50% and 75% scholarships to applicants. In cases of extreme need (determined by the Scholarship Committee), 100% scholarships are available. Scholarship distribution is dependent on funds available and availability of family contribution.
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The following portion should be submitted for consideration no later than March 31st, 2017. Please make sure that you have read all of the conditions above before submitting your application.